OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Doran Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Wed Aug 31 16:07:48 MDT 2005

Eric Jensen wrote:
> I agree.  People complain about gas prices, but then we see the latest
> vehicle fad is gas gussling SUVs, big and loud trucks and commercial
> Hummers.

If you read this, you might believe Americans are just stupid. How in
the world can people complain about gas prices and also want to purchase
"gas gussling SUVs, big and loud trucks and commercial Hummers."

BTW: "gussling" isn't a word. You probably meant "guzzling."

No, I don't believe the owners of Tahoes (yeah,you know who you are),
Suburbans, Hummers, Excursions, Expeditions, Exclamations, etc. have any
real concern about gas prices or fuel economy.

Now, here's some cud to chew on: As high as gas prices are, they still
have not matched the equivalent prices during the OPEC oil embargo in
1973. Up until this point, rising gas prices have NOT caused a
significantly noticeable affect on the economy. That is, the cost of
gasoline has not (yet) caused the average American consumer to forego
consumption of goods in order to continue to afford the purchase of
gasoline.

  "A new swimming pool is rapidly taking shape since the contractors have
   thrown in the bulk of their workers."
     -- In an East African newspaper