OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Gary Thornock gthornock at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 31 15:50:44 MDT 2005

Jacob Fugal <lukfugl at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/31/05, Steve <smorrey at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Bus goes just about everywhere you need in this county
>> anyways.
>
> Which county was that again? I'm with you that we should
> invest in public transportation rather than driving everywhere
> ourselves. But public transportation in Utah County is lacking,
> to say the least.

I'd have to agree with that statement.  A couple of months ago, I
tried out UTA's automated trip planning tool on their web site,
looking for how to get from my house (near BYU) to my office (in
Orem).  UTA's answer: It Can't Be Done.

I was expecting it to take an hour and a half or more, but even
given my low opinion of UTA in general, I was still surprised
that it was /that/ bad.