OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Ryan Nielsen ffl at asphaltzipper.com
Wed Aug 31 15:39:10 MDT 2005

Richard Esplin wrote the following on 8/31/2005 3:03 PM :

>You have piqued my curiosity. Would you mind answering these questions:
>
>What make and model is your car?
>Did you buy your car with the hybrid adapter?
>If you didn't, how much did it cost you to add the hybrid capability to your
>car?
>Where do you fill up?
>How much does it cost you to drive a mile on natural gas?
>Where did you find a mechanic who will work on your car?
>Besides the inconvenience, is there any other downsides to making the
>modification?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Richard Esplin
>
>On Wednesday 31 August 2005 14:32, Ryan Nielsen wrote:
><snip>
>

>>Maybe people will start using alternative fuels.  Our car is a hybrid
>>Compressed Natural Gas/Gas.  We have saved a lot of money in the last
>>little while.  It can be inconvenient to fill up at times, but maybe
>>this incident will help improve things.

Sorry, I forgot to answer all your questions.  I have found it very
expensive to fix, and hard to fill up at times, so it isn't as nice as
it may sound, but it has been a great benefit through these high
prices.  Butterfield Ford in Sandy area has a CNG department.  You might
be able to find someone closer and cheaper though.  One negative, is
that if your CNG has problems to make you not pass safety and emissions,
then you have to get that part fixed.  I don't think the US is really
efficient with it all yet, but it is definitely growing.  That is why I
think these gas prices will help the CNG field a lot more.

I haven't figured it out down to the penny, but I can get to St. George
for about 10 bucks.  That is on the Freeway obviously, where you get
better mileage.

The state has stations for it's cars all along I-15 every 50 miles or
so.  I fill up at a few stations.  There is one in Springville, one in
Orem, and some private ones, if you go about getting a card.  Do a
search for "CNG station locator" or something like that.

I think CNG makes the car a bit slower on acceleration.