OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 15:26:38 MDT 2005

I dunno about drilling in Alaska, but I just came from spending 4 years
living in Wyoming and lemme tell you something.
 From the time a new well gets permitted, until the time it can actually
become productive is approx 3-5 years!
This information comes to me from my ex-wife, who handles engineering
and permitting for alot of the companies trying to get wells up out there.
So if you figure that 9 months ago, 3,000 new well permits were issued,
then it will be at least 2 and 1/2 more years before we see much if any
benefit.
My own opinion is to quit whining about higher gas prices and do
something about it.
Up until 2 weeks ago, I drove a gas guzzling grandma grocery go getter
(88 buick with a V8).  After that last tank of gas, ran out I literally
walked away from it and hopped on the bus.  Bus goes just about
everywhere you need in this county anyways.
Hey come to think of it, the car may still be sitting there, it's a red
88 buick with wyoming plates, sitting on 800 North in Orem across the
street from the hospital.  If you want it let me know. ;)