OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Jeremy Hansen atticusser at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 15:23:08 MDT 2005

On 8/31/05, Shane Hathaway <shane at hathawaymix.org> wrote:

> Agreed. The government can take steps to smooth rough times like this,
> but it has relatively little power to control the free market.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Grant, but I think his point was that the
Government IS controlling (or influencing) oil prices, not that they SHOULD
do so.

I noticed alot of people responding as though his point was to demand the
government to step in and solve the problem. If I know Grant (and I do) that
is not the case at all. He is calling for the government to stop
manipulating the market for their own benefit. In other words, he is not so
subtly, not so implying that gas prices are part of a global conspiracy to
line the pockets of the wealthy elite at the cost of the average Joe
Citizen. That sounds more like one of Grant's tirades to me ;)

Jeremy