OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Ryan Nielsen ffl at asphaltzipper.com
Wed Aug 31 15:18:03 MDT 2005

Richard Esplin wrote the following on 8/31/2005 3:03 PM :

>You have piqued my curiosity. Would you mind answering these questions:
>
>What make and model is your car?
>Did you buy your car with the hybrid adapter?
>If you didn't, how much did it cost you to add the hybrid capability to your
>car?
>Where do you fill up?
>How much does it cost you to drive a mile on natural gas?
>Where did you find a mechanic who will work on your car?
>Besides the inconvenience, is there any other downsides to making the
>modification?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Richard Esplin
>
>On Wednesday 31 August 2005 14:32, Ryan Nielsen wrote:
><snip>
>

>>Maybe people will start using alternative fuels.  Our car is a hybrid
>>Compressed Natural Gas/Gas.  We have saved a lot of money in the last
>>little while.  It can be inconvenient to fill up at times, but maybe
>>this incident will help improve things.

We got it at the state surplus in the Draper/Bluffdale area about 2/3
years ago.  It was a hybrid already.  You get a tax break on it as
well.  It is a '98 Ford Contour, but I think you can work the hybrid in
to quite a few different cars.  I found a lot of info by speaking with
Questar.  Also, if you really want to get crazy and pay a bunch of
money, you can get an adapter for your home gas and hook up the car at
night to refill.  The Questar people were really nice.