OT - Gas to hit 4.00

James Clawson jclawsonx at mac.com
Wed Aug 31 14:40:21 MDT 2005

Tapping into the reserves will accomplish little - it is mainly a
political decision - we have lost more than 40 % of our current
refinery capacity due to this hurricane.  How shall we convert that
oil in to gasoline?  We had insufficient refining capacity before the
storm.  I only hope that refineries affected by this storm can be
brought back online soon, and that people will see the need to build
more.

The one wise move the President has made on this front was to
establish a program to build refineries on the military bases being
closed by the Base Closure and Realignment Committee/Pentagon.