OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Ryan Nielsen ffl at asphaltzipper.com
Wed Aug 31 14:32:30 MDT 2005

Grant Shipley wrote the following on 8/31/2005 2:14 PM :

>I just had to vent and I know the PLUG loves OT conversations. :)
>
>http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/31/news/gas_prices/index.htm
>
>Does our government not realize this is killing the average American?
>Has the president even made a comment about how this is hurting
>families?  Or -- maybe they don't care as they get money from the oil
>and auto companies to get them elected and tax the crap of out gas to
>pay their salary?  Or maybe its because they have state owned cars
>where they don't have to pay for gas?

There are some pros, at least IMHO:

Maybe people will have to start using bikes, public transportation,
walking, etc.  I think we are spoiled and lazy, and thus unhealthy.  My
family only owns one car.  We have thought about getting another one
plenty of times, but feel it would just be a waste of money and
resources.  It forces us out of our comfort zone.

Maybe people will start using alternative fuels.  Our car is a hybrid
Compressed Natural Gas/Gas.  We have saved a lot of money in the last
little while.  It can be inconvenient to fill up at times, but maybe
this incident will help improve things.

I'm not trying to be antagonistic, just trying to show another point of
view.