OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Grant Shipley gshipley at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 14:31:53 MDT 2005

On 8/31/05, Dallin Jones <squitoey at gmail.com> wrote:

> They can and do... Toyota, Honda and Volkswagon offer them...
> http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/gasmileage/

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/hybrid_sbs.shtml
We all know these numbers are inflated to begin with.

http://www.wired.com/news/autotech/0,2554,63413,00.html

"
But after a few months of commuting to his job in Cincinnati,
Blackshaw's hybrid euphoria vanished as his car's odometer revealed
that the gas mileage he was hoping for was only a pipe dream. ....

After nearly 1,000 miles of mostly city driving, Blackshaw was getting 31.4 mpg.
"

I have also read the batteries only last 4 years and then need to be
replaced with an average cost of 4,000.

> Remember... Gas prices are based on the standard supply and demand.
> Thanks to some nice Hurricanes, nearly 80% of our sources of gas have
> been shut down... Not just slowed down... SHUT DOWN. Then we look at
> all the wonderful people around here using the gas like it is water.
> Hello? Supply is down, and demand is higher than ever!

Demand is higher because most people are forced to live in the burbs
in order to afford a home for their family.