OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Dallin Jones squitoey at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 14:26:11 MDT 2005

> Does our government not realize this is killing the average American?
> Has the president even made a comment about how this is hurting
> families?  Or -- maybe they don't care as they get money from the oil

Maybe we should think about how he signed an order allowing us to tap
into the National Fuel Reserves. He knows about it.... But being as
they need to tap into the reserves... That's bad... Very bad.

> and auto companies to get them elected and tax the crap of out gas to
> pay their salary?  Or maybe its because they have state owned cars
> where they don't have to pay for gas?
>
> We can put a man on the moon.
> We can send a probe to land on mars.
> We can invent nuclear weapons.
> We can fly in the air.
> We can cure most medical problems.
> We can now communicate instantly anywhere in the world.
> We can watch live sporting events from anywhere in the world.
>
> Then why in the hell can't I get more than 30mpg in my car?  Maybe
> something bigger is at play here ........

They can and do... Toyota, Honda and Volkswagon offer them...
http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/gasmileage/

Remember... Gas prices are based on the standard supply and demand.
Thanks to some nice Hurricanes, nearly 80% of our sources of gas have
been shut down... Not just slowed down... SHUT DOWN. Then we look at
all the wonderful people around here using the gas like it is water.
Hello? Supply is down, and demand is higher than ever! Want the prices
to go down? Use less gas. Use the bus system. Buy a bike. Or buy a
hybrid car that gets stellar mileage. Reports say that a a Prius was
modded to run at an average 110mpg.
(http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000147053641/) It is as simple as
that. Use less gas, get the supply up, and make the demand low!

Dallin Jones