OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Grant Shipley gshipley at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 14:14:57 MDT 2005

I just had to vent and I know the PLUG loves OT conversations. :)

http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/31/news/gas_prices/index.htm

Does our government not realize this is killing the average American?
Has the president even made a comment about how this is hurting
families?  Or -- maybe they don't care as they get money from the oil
and auto companies to get them elected and tax the crap of out gas to
pay their salary?  Or maybe its because they have state owned cars
where they don't have to pay for gas?

We can put a man on the moon.
We can send a probe to land on mars.
We can invent nuclear weapons.
We can fly in the air.
We can cure most medical problems.
We can now communicate instantly anywhere in the world.
We can watch live sporting events from anywhere in the world.

Then why in the hell can't I get more than 30mpg in my car?  Maybe
something bigger is at play here ........