Linux Daytrading apps?

Michael Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Wed Aug 31 09:08:41 MDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 06:26 -0600, Steve wrote:
> Hello everyone.
> I have a friend whom, I've been proselytizing Linux to now for over a
> year, and last night he came over because he somehow managed to screw up
> his windows box.  While here he decided to check his email and he was
> really impressed with my desktop setup, so now he wants to make the
> switch to linux.
> Problem is he's a daytrader, and all the daytrade apps we could find
> were windows only.
> I have netraverse Win4Lin, and most of these apps won't even run under that.
> This is his only holdback, and so I started searching on my own for a
> linux friendly daytrading app.

Win4Lin Pro should run Windows XP (and his apps).  Win4Lin Pro is really
a packaged version of qemu.  So you can always try qemu to run windows
in a window as a stop-gap solution.

Unfortunately I doubt you'll find any "linux-friendly" day-trading apps,
unless you can convince them to run under wine.

> I'm coming up empty handed...
> Any ideas?

Start a new source forge project? :)

Michael