x2x -- throw away the docking station

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Tue Aug 30 18:22:49 MDT 2005

If you like x2x, you'll love synergy[1].

    Q. What's the difference between synergy and x2x, x2vnc, etc?

    A. Unlike x2x, synergy supports any number of computers and it
    doesn't require X on Microsoft Windows platforms. It also has more
    advanced clipboard support and synchronizes screensavers. x2vnc is
    also limited to two computers, requires the separate vnc package,
    and is really only appropriate for using an X system to control a
    non-X system. However, the right tool for the job is whatever tool
    works best for you. [2]

I only wish it could detect when my laptop is sitting next to my PC and
when I'm sitting on the couch.

1. http://synergy2.sf.net/
2. http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/faq.html#faq3