AMD Athlon -- clock run 2x faster under linux

Greg Felix gregfelix at airwired.net
Tue Aug 30 15:05:07 MDT 2005

I have an HP laptop with an Athlon Turion64 chip that was doing the same
thing at one point.

I couldn't tell you for sure what fixed it without doing some tests.  It
might have been passing the kernel acpi=off (which would probably affect
a myriad of other things, like fans).  It also could have been passing
the kernel `noapic nolapic`.  I think the l stands for local??  Also, I
vaguely remember a problem that went away when I changed my kernel to a
modular one (vs everything built in), strange but true.

So those are my ideas:

acpi=off
noapic (and nolapic)
modular kernel (if you don't have one already)

Sorry I can't remember what fixed it for me.

Greg