AMD Athlon -- clock run 2x faster under linux

justin gedge jgedge at amis.com
Tue Aug 30 12:55:27 MDT 2005

apic vs. acpi-- yeah-- those are my dyslexic fingers at the keyboard--
that's the option I tried-- and it fixed the clock and took out the
network.  I guess as a last resort-- if I'm online-- I could have a
cronjob set to update the clock every second or something dumb like that
-- and just pass in the noapic at boot if I'm going to be offline.

as far as kernel-- I've run the SuSE updates and have the current kernel
that SuSE blesses

jgedge at emmett:~> uname -a
Linux emmett 2.6.11.4-21.8-default #1 Tue Jul 19 12:42:37 UTC 2005
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

haven't tried a bios update-- I'll look into that.

Justin Gedge