installing Sun JDK on Fedora Core 4

Russel Caldwell caldr704 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 07:05:14 MDT 2005

Hi,
I'm trying to intall Sun JDK on a machine that has Fedora Core 4 on it
but I'm getting a message that it can't run in graphical mode and it
suggests running the installer in -console or -silent mode. When I run
it in -console mode I get a similar message and when I run it in
-silent mode it seems to install but I can't find the installed
package afterwards. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to
install it? Also, I've run into a Redhat document that suggests to
manually install the Sun Java tarball but I have not been able to find
a tarball. Does it exist and if so where is it?

Thanks.
Russ Caldwell