Postfix and Virtual Maildirs

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Thu Aug 25 19:19:04 MDT 2005

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 at 16:11 -0600, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 16:08 -0600, Jeremy Bowers wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 15:58 -0600, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> > >
> > > What is a typical value that you are storing in mailbox?
> > >

> > mailbox:  domain.tld/user/
> >
> > > Where in your config does it satisfy the requirement that "the mailbox
> > > location ends in /" in order to do Maildir?
> >
> > I think that's where it gets the /
> >
> > Let me know if that works for you.
>
> That's what I just discovered.  I used the "description" field and added
> "gabe/" and it works.  Well, that's a point that could use a little
> clarification in the docs.

I'm sure it could. For the curious, the trailing / is pretty much a
convention among Maildir aficionados. They tend to take other things for
granted as well, which they shouldn't. For example, some people still
think that qmail (or qmail and courier) are the only programs that use
Maildir and make all kinds of wacky assumptions based on that poor world
view.

Me, I picked up the convention from procmail, which documents it nicely.