Asterisk AGI and Java

Derek derek at burdick.cc
Mon Aug 22 09:23:26 MDT 2005

It is reasonably expensive but I need to maintain the connection to
process other tasks, like a failover to the backup CTI server and other
maintenance type things.  The CTI server also sends events
asynchronously to the clients which could possible arrive slightly
before the call.  If I do not maintain a connection I would then have to
request the data, which would add even more delay.

It looks like Asterisk-java implements FastAGI, which takes care of the
wrapper and communication protocol for me which will simplify the design
and coding times.