Asterisk AGI and Java

Jared Smith jared.jsmith at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 16:37:16 MDT 2005

On 8/19/05, Derek <derek at burdick.cc> wrote:
>   Based on the above requirements, I need to know if AGI is the
> recommended Asterisk technology.  The object I create needs to stay
> running so it can send/receive events with the CTI server while waiting
> for calls to come in and communicate with the CTI server once a call has
> been delivered.  Since this is written in Java I do not want it to
> launch the application everytime a call comes in on an extension.

You want to check out the FastAGI interface of Asterisk.  Basically,
Asterisk will talk to a FastAGI-compliant program over the network.
In short, you'll run your Java program as a daemon of sorts, accepting
socket connections from Asterisk.

Does this make sense?  If not, I'll try to explain it better.