Asterisk AGI and Java

Derek derek at burdick.cc
Fri Aug 19 13:56:39 MDT 2005

  I was wonering if anybody has had experience with any of the following
Java AGI implementations and if so whether or not they could recommend
any of them.
    Jasterisk
    OrderlyCalls
    Jast AGI

  Basically what I will be doing is answering a call on Asterisk,
retrieving information from a CTI server that I have a persistent
connection to, playing a message based on information returned from CTI
and hanging up the call.

  Based on the above requirements, I need to know if AGI is the
recommended Asterisk technology.  The object I create needs to stay
running so it can send/receive events with the CTI server while waiting
for calls to come in and communicate with the CTI server once a call has
been delivered.  Since this is written in Java I do not want it to
launch the application everytime a call comes in on an extension.  From
what I have read about AGI is that it communicates over stdin,stdout and
stderr.  The documents I have read almost make it sound like the script
or application is launched everytime a new call comes in.

Thanks,
  Derek