daylight savings

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Fri Aug 19 11:35:05 MDT 2005

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 10:17:20AM -0600, jeff wrote:
> Since the federal government has seen fit to screw with time.... what do
> we need to change on our systems to deal with this?
>
> I did a search on google, but I got a bunch of old stuff that was
> irrelevant.

For masochistic, DIY-types:
http://www.twinsun.com/tz/tz-link.htm

For the rest of us:

yum/apt-get install tzdata (libc6 for debian)

should eventually fix it if it hasn't already.

Weird, though.  I can't find any redhat/fedora source package with the
rules, Makefile, zic, etc.  It looks like RH only makes the tzdata
binary rpm available.

Barry