Mac OS X Tiger problems with Samba 3.0.14a on Debian

Louis Zirkel lzirkel at cendev.com
Thu Aug 18 16:04:58 MDT 2005

Hans Fugal wrote:
> I can connect just fine by pressing cmd-k on my ibook while finder is in
> focus, and typing smb://falcon/fugalh (doesn't ask for a password so it
> must be getting it from keychain).
>
> FWIW I was running panther and upgraded to tiger, whereas my brother had
> tiger from the get-go.

I upgraded from panther to tiger and had this same issue, but I never used the
cmd-K way of connecting.  I always used finder and hunted the network and
attempted to authenticate and mount.  Researching some things after reading this
thread I tried the cmd-K method and used the smb://... approach and it connected
just fine.  I'm going to try and do a few more tests when I get the chance and
see if there is a difference between the methods of connecting.

--
Louis Zirkel III  <lzirkel at cendev.com>
SysAdmin/DBA -- Century Development Solutions