Flamewar about a flamewar(was RE: Interesting Quote (pleasekill me))

Mister E Mister.Ed at AgoraCart.com
Thu Aug 18 13:49:53 MDT 2005

Josh Coates wrote:

> geesh people, if you have something to say to me, send me an email - no need
> to snipe at me from the sidelines.
>
> but if you do want to personally attack me, do something useful and at least
> start a dialogue instead of a hit and run.
>
> anyway, don't keep those negative feelings bottled up, it's not healthy.

I have yet to see the propagation of negativity yield any healthy
benefits either.

despite the alien news, which made me laugh outwardly, this has not been
very entertaining nor productive to read.  However, it has been
informative in some aspects. I suspect there are others like myself that
are watching with interest at what folks have to say on this list.  I
get to see how an individual reacts under pressure, after being
attacked, and their resulting response.  Most of it has been
predictable, based on unenlightened human behavior... ie an eye fer an
eye.  So, it helps me eliminate those that I would work with from those
I would not; in reference to future projects... whether it be my own
project, a referral, or even taking a job around the individuals observed.

I think it takes guts to get poked in the eye and walk away, even if you
showed weakness and reacted initially.  Anyone can retaliate.  But it
takes more strength of character to rise above it.  If ones pride is
such that every negative point made must be refuted or explained away in
a likewise attacking manner, then you lose no matter what you say or do.

In the end, each person decides how they will react, and no amount of
outside influence can revoke or nullify that responsibility.

One last thought, don't hold grudges either.  People are capable of
changing for the better. I learned this one the hard way... once upon a
time.

Mister Ed
Zen Master wannabe... the mello horse ... of course ... of course

PS - where are those aliens now???