Mac OS X Tiger problems with Samba 3.0.14a on Debian

Erik R. Jensen erikrj at netradius.com
Thu Aug 18 12:18:32 MDT 2005

A client of mine recently upgraded his powerbook to Mac OS X Tiger (10.4)
and is now unable to connect to a samba server I have running on a Debian
stable system:

aimserver:~# smbd --version
Version 3.0.14a-Debian

He is using the proper username, password and share name but the systems
always tells him the credentials are wrong. He is able to connect using a
windows box with the same credentials and was also able to connect
previously using Max OS X 10.3.

I am hoping someone on the list may have experienced this as well. I've
spent quite a bit of time on google and tried sever different things short
of teaching him how to mount the share from the command line. Ideas /
possible solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Erik R. Jensen