Startup Needs UNIX Network/Systems Admin

Josh Coates jcoates at archive.org
Thu Aug 18 07:28:44 MDT 2005

woohoo!  firstpost to flame the job poster!

>THIS POSITION IS PART TIME YOU WILL WORK FROM HOME AND WILL BE PAID WITH
VOTING STOCK IN A STARTUP COMPANY.

just so you all know, unless their corporate bylaws are super whacked, the
term "voting stock" really doesn't mean anything.

>who are writting software which automatically buys and sells securities
>according to an algorithm perfected by simulation.  The algorithm has
>shown consistent returns of 23+% per year in simulation.

trading stocks based on the 11 year sunspot cycle.  brilliant.

actually, i've run some 'simulations' myself (where 'simulations' mean that
you download the 15 year end-of-day price history of certain indices from
yahoo-finance, put it in excel and play with it until you "make money") and
i have to say, that i think there is something to it.  of course, i also
think there may actually be some healing properties in xango juice, noni
juice and snake oil. ;-)

but seriously, part-time work paid in equity isn't a bad deal - just do your
homework first and find out who is running the show over there and if they
know what they are doing.

Josh Coates
www.jcoates.org