Startup Needs UNIX Network/Systems Admin

unixprgrmr01 at netscape.net unixprgrmr01 at netscape.net
Wed Aug 17 19:42:31 MDT 2005

THIS POSITION IS PART TIME YOU WILL WORK FROM HOME AND WILL BE PAID WITH VOTING STOCK IN A STARTUP COMPANY.

Please reply off line to unixprgrmr01 at netscape.net

We are looking for a UNIX Network/System Administrator.
This person will be responsible for network security, & systems  administration on Linux computers located at various locations where our developers live and where our servers are located.  They will build, configure and maintain firewalls, Linux systems, and a packet level tracking system using snort, acid and postgres.

We are looking for people with experience in the following areas:
Please indicate the number of months/years of experience you have in each of thefollowing and attach a resume (preferrably text! we are UNIX hacks...). If you don't have experience in all of the areas that's OK! Just tell us what you do have!

-- Skill Set --

e-mail configuration & administration

network administration

firewalls

snort

acid

postgres

encryption

bourn, bash and or korn shell scripting

debian

redhat

secure Linux systems administration

secure web site administration

working with secure protocols vis. https ssh scp sftp etc.

installing & configuring Linux systems

CVS administration

Sierra Peaks Financial, Inc. is a private corporation which consists of a
small group of Software Engineers who are writting software which automatically buys and sells securities according to an algorithm perfected by simulation.  The algorithm has shown consistent returns of 23+% per year in simulation.  We are in the process of writting the software to implement the algorithms in a real time trading environment.

Lynn P. Tilby
UNIX Consultant
unixprgrmr01 at netscape.net

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.