Postfix Filters and header_checks

Dennis devel at muhlesteins.com
Mon Aug 15 14:21:53 MDT 2005

Jonathan Ellis wrote:

>On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:57:23 -0600, "Dennis" <devel at muhlesteins.com>
>said:
>

>>Anybody know how to get a filter to work with postfix?
>>

>>All the documentation I find for the header_checks just says foo:bar
>>where I put ??:??.  I just want to execute a script with the mail as the
>>input and then have the mail delivered unaltered.  So what is foo:bar
>>supposed to really be?  The docs/man pages say it's
>>transport:destination but I'm having trouble figuring out how to make
>>transport:destination into path/args for my script.
>>

>http://www.postfix.org/FILTER_README.html gives an example.

Already been there.  The filter there is executed each time a mail
arrives.  I want the filter to be executed only when the header check
passes.  The examples for the header/body_checks just say foo:bar where
I need to add something to execute the script though.  I've only found
examples in header/body_checks for using REJECT, which I can get to work
just fine.  But I don't want to use the REJECT action, I want to use
FILTER but don't know what to replace foo:bar with.

-Dennis