Flamewar about a flamewar (was RE: Interesting Quote (please kill me))

Mister E Mister.Ed at AgoraCart.com
Mon Aug 15 12:36:13 MDT 2005

Josh Coates wrote:

> just ditch plug and subscribe to sllug if you are interested in a low
> traffic, but tempered local mailing list.

think this list is starting to resemble the initial breakdown of
civility and common sense, as seen in Lord of the Flies.  Pretty soon it
will degenerate into a nebulus goo that will consume itself upon contact
with it's own elements.

I am tired of job posters getting flamed (boring).  Tired of PC rhetoric
from folks afraid to step on toes (say what you mean or don't say it at
all), and finally... I am very sick of programming semantics theory from
those I don't view as qualified to evaluate the makings of a programming
language (and or it's mulitple methods of arriving at a solution)...
others feel the same way. NOTE on this last one: If it works and solves
your problem and you can communicate/interface with it... then it did
the trick... if not, and someone else can, doesn't mean it's "hopeless",
inferior or otherwise.  However, if it's insecure, then don't use it.
In the end, if folks want to be programming academics and/or
philosphers, they should be a CS college professor and/or create their
own language project so others can blast its inferiority and mock the
users thereof.

I joined this list to interface with other local linux users with some
cross over into the business of it all and some programming tips on what
works fer others, since they can at times be closely intertwined.  but
not for this load of junk I've seen lately.  For PERL, I'll keep it nupm
(if you like or interested in that language, join the list). For other
languages I use, well I'll be where they are too.

PLUG needs to get it's act together soon and change the negative
environment or it will lose a lot of membership still remaining. Life is
too short to waste time on this load of ... junk :-P

so I ask, where has the love of the penguin gone?

Mister Ed