Flamewar about a flamewar (was RE: Interesting Quote (please kill me))

JStay at mediageneral.com JStay at mediageneral.com
Mon Aug 15 07:24:24 MDT 2005

> Hear hear! I was getting sick of all the bigotry today. Yes,
> every language has it bad points. Yes, some languages are
> worse than others.
> So? How about we start a discussion on something interesting?
> Only problem is, every major conversation I've seen on this
> list has quickly degenerated into a flamewar.

I kinda like hearing the discussion - makes for a lot to read, but keeps
you on your toes.  I belong to a list here in Richmond, VA where
everyone tries to be polite to each other, and I rarely learn anything
from it because of that.  It gets very boring and not very fun to be
part of the LUG around here for those reasons.

Jesse