Ominous Bug found in TOR/Privoxy default setup

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 21:07:36 MDT 2005

Thanks for the info, It's usually something obvious and stupid that gets
me :(  That and the fact that I did the setup at about 2am so I probably
missed something in the ebuild.

As an aside, I've now noticed that several sites have banned my IP
address since running tor in daemon mode, chief among these being
slashdot as well as a few irc servers.

This appears to be continue even after disabling the tor server and
rerouting my own browsing traffic away from the privoxy/tor setup.
LOL I guess I should have did a little more research on this before
setting it up.
Interestingly enough though, I'm still able to use the gentoo forums
regardless of if my tor setup is running or disabled.
In short, if you frequent certain sites, and you aren't in a dhcp
environment, it's probably a bad idea to run a tor server :)
Ok lesson learned, time to call comcast and ask 'em to give me a new IP
address.