Interesting Quote (really about the quote, no flames)

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Sun Aug 14 19:50:01 MDT 2005

On Aug 12, 2005, at 9:13 AM, Charles Curley wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 09:06:11AM -0600, Tim Morris wrote:
>
>> Recieved this quote in the InformationWeek Daily Newsletter.  It
>> seemed related to Damian Conway's presentation this week:
>>
>> "Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men
>> trying to
>> find easier ways to do something." -- Robert Heinlein
>>

> Got a citation on that? That's something Heinlein would say,
> alright. He agreed with it implicitly if not explicitly.
>
> I think both Larry Wall and Chuck Moore would agree.

I don't know who would agree or not, but the quote is from Heinlein's
novel "Time Enough for Love".  It's one of his later books, and thus
very hormonally-influenced, for those who are sensitive to reading
dirty-old-man sci-fi.  There are a couple of intermissions containing
"The Notebooks of Lazarus Long", which are nothing but pithy sayings
like the above, but I'm not sure if the quote comes from there or the
narrative itself.

         --Levi