Thoughts on Perl6

Mister E Mister.Ed at AgoraCart.com
Sun Aug 14 00:32:44 MDT 2005

Alan Young wrote:

  > There is always going to be security risks.  With everything.  The
> only secure system is one not plugged in to the wall and the
> programmer(s) shot.

wrah wro!  better run scooby do!

> It doesn't matter what programming language your outsource people are
> programming in, if the project is more than one file of a couple of
> subroutines you'd have to spend as much time vetting the code as it
> would have taken to develop it yourself.  If you don't have a basis of
> trust with your outsource then it's pointless anyway.

So true!  however, even if I did outsource, I'd want to be able to read
it or be able to hire someone local that could... that is only downfall
I can see... the extra cost of hiring an interpreter in addition to a
programmer (if it's outside my or my team's knowledge set).

But all in all, I'm looking forward to Perl6 (okay 90% of me).. the
other 10% is "uuugh, I have a lot of work to do to convert and/or recode
the schtuff"

Mister Ed