Thoughts on Perl6

Alan Young alansyoungiii at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 00:06:02 MDT 2005

*shrug* It doesn't have to be in a foreign font.  It's easy enough to
hide malicious code in Perl5.  It can even be encrypted in an innocent
looking comment and the decrypt routine hidden in an innocent looking
subroutine.

I am aware of no programming language that allows people to code in
their own language, excepting english.  This will allow that to
happen.

Not only that, but you can create operators and use the proper symbols
for formula in (almost?) any domain needed.  You can have a
non-programmer statistician look at your formula and debug it for you
without you having to explain anything.  As well as saving code.

There is always going to be security risks.  With everything.  The
only secure system is one not plugged in to the wall and the
programmer(s) shot.

It doesn't matter what programming language your outsource people are
programming in, if the project is more than one file of a couple of
subroutines you'd have to spend as much time vetting the code as it
would have taken to develop it yourself.  If you don't have a basis of
trust with your outsource then it's pointless anyway.

--
Alan