Thoughts on Perl6

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 17:10:37 MDT 2005

I'm sorry I should have been clearer...
Maybe this is bigotry on my part, but at least for non-european
languages i.e. Those who use a non-latin based font, I believe that it
will be easy for someone of a nefarious bent to hide a damaging line of
code simply by creating it and naming it something to which only the
local dialect of a particular language would understand, thereby causing
major debugging headaches.
Also many things simply have NO translation, and so I fear that when I
get code from these coders who may be doing so in thier native language
it will be just as hard to understand the flow, maybe even harder...
Than if I had just taken and decompiled the bytecode by hand, for
instance please look at DJ's Java Decompiler to see what I am reffering to.

Oh well, no one is forcing me to use Perl6... yet ;)