Thoughts on Perl6

Alan Young alansyoungiii at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 15:53:08 MDT 2005

> I don't know about you, but I don't relish the thought of having to
> debug code written in a language like Sinhalese.

It's easy enough to convert the variables to a known language.  What I
like is being able to create your own operators in unicode ...

> Also I think that makes it too easy for someone to obscure a damaging
> line of code simply by switching to a unicode font and hence making it
> unreadable to 90% of the people who may be debugging it.

There's no switching ... the code will have to be edited in a unicode
aware editor for anything other than local stuff.  I can't wait to see
what get's uploaded to the CPAN ...
--
Alan