Thoughts on Perl6

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 15:30:53 MDT 2005

My thoughts on Perl6 are mostly postitive except for the fact that it
will now allow scripting in Unicode.
I don't know about you, but I don't relish the thought of having to
debug code written in a language like Sinhalese.

Error: Exception in
somethingthatmaybeavariablebutcouldalsobeafunctioncanttellcuzitsadangunicodefont!

Also I think that makes it too easy for someone to obscure a damaging
line of code simply by switching to a unicode font and hence making it
unreadable to 90% of the people who may be debugging it.

And finally, I'm not so sure Kwrite can handle Unicode (it may, I've
never really looked), but thats where I do over 90% of my scripting.

Thoughts?