Into the Fray

garth h thaabit at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 14:01:20 MDT 2005

Hmm...it might be a bit late and dangerous to enter this argument at
this point, but why not?

http://paulgraham.com/javacover.html

Paul Graham is a Lisp hacker who touts Python and seems to tolerate
Perl.  Enjoy the Sun internal memo at the bottom.
And while were at it, this seems to be a Java vs. Perl battle with
other languages joining in at the edge of the fray.  Isn't that kinda
strange?  These two languages weren't at war before.  They had existed
in mutual seclusion from one another for so long.  While I'm at it, I
might as well admit I'm a Perl guy at heart, having used many of the
aforementioned languages in different contexts.  I don't hide behind
"the right tool for the right job" rhetoric, but I'm also willing to
cohabitate in peaceful isolation.  But, beware my well-honed Perl
sword.

Garth
--
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying