Interesting Quote (please kill me)

Jacob Fugal lukfugl at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 13:01:09 MDT 2005

On 8/12/05, Jonathan Ellis <jonathan at carnageblender.com> wrote:

> > > $joe = Users->search(fname => 'joe')->first;
> >
> > Oh, sorry[1], I didn't provide enough context[2]. I'm using the
> > Class::DBI[3] module from CPAN.
>
> So, basically perl's superior text processing means absolutely nothing
> in the context of pulling objects out of databases.  Thanks for helping
> out; that was the point I was trying to make.

You're right. Perl's superior text processing means about as much as
python's superior list comprehensions when it comes to ease of using a
library[1] to pull data from a database. That was my point.

Jacob Fugal

[1] Once again, you clipped the part of my response that clarified
that your code also depended on a library.