Interesting Quote (please kill me)

Josh Coates jcoates at archive.org
Fri Aug 12 11:25:53 MDT 2005

>It'd be better if all we had were safe, medium sized
>cars because then I can hire any moron I want and know
>he'll do a passable job of driving.

that's probably true and we all know that auto insurance companies have the
facts on this and have made a science of determining what is least safe (er,
what's the most costly.)

if there was such thing as 'code' insurance, i'm sure they would come up
with a ranking of languages wrt project sizes, platforms etc. that would
kill these kinds of threads.

so, let's get back to work because we're lowering the gdp by spending time
on this.  (besides, everyone already knows perl is a crappy language for
large, complex software systems, but it's a great scripting language for
text processing and sysadmin related tasks.)

Josh Coates
www.jcoates.org