Interesting Quote

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Fri Aug 12 11:21:46 MDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 10:00 -0700, Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:52:48 -0600, "Jacob Fugal" <lukfugl at gmail.com>
> said:
> > I'll admit that some languages lend themselves to abuse easier than
> > others. Perl is one of those. But, really, is that Perl's flaw?
>
> Now, that's an easy one.

Is it? I guess that means we should all be driving Volvo's sedans with
governors limiting us to 55 mph. Nobody should ever drive a semi--too
dangerous to other people on the road. Nobody should ever touch a
motorcycle--too dangerous for the driver. People who are unqualified
might get behind the wheel. It'd be better if all we had were safe,
medium sized cars because then I can hire any moron I want and know
he'll do a passable job of driving.

Stuart Jansen                   e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org

using enough of it." - Chris Maden