Interesting Quote

Jacob Fugal lukfugl at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 10:59:07 MDT 2005

And to both Nicholas and Jonathan[1]:

When Hans mentions his degrees and pursuits, it was not to brag or
lord them over others. It was to dispel Jonathan's claim that Hans was
"only" a sysadmin (which *was* out of line).

My initial reading of Jonathan's comeback, "So you're a sysadmin, and
an academic" gave me a flavor of "Oh yeah, like /academics/ qualifies
you! That doesn't equate to real experience...", which is why I threw
in the expert coder and Ruby bigot (which I know Jonathan respects)
bits. Once again, it was *not* to brag or lord it over others, but to
demonstrate that we are indeed qualified to comment on practical
software engineering practices.

Jacob Fugal