Interesting Quote

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Fri Aug 12 10:48:02 MDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 09:33 -0700, Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:28:55 -0600, "Hans Fugal" <hans at fugal.net> said:
> > I wouldn't go so far, in any case, as to say that TMTOWTDI has been
> > conclusively proven to be a Bad Thing.
>
> Yeah, but you're a sysadmin. :)

And I'm just a trainer. But before this gig I've had years of work
experience building software with a team of people. The only thing that
Perl 5 has taught me is that Perl wasn't designed for people of average
intelligence. If you're dedicated and hard working, however, it can do
some pretty nice stuff that is either harder or nigh unto impossible in
lesser languages.

Since we seem to be firing up another burner on the grill, lets bring
Java back into things. J2EE is just as complicated as Perl (and in fact
more so). If you're going to argue that Perl is a bad language because
its complicated, you're going to have to agree that J2EE is a bad
technology because its complicated.

Stuart Jansen                   e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org

using enough of it." - Chris Maden