"Enterprise-class" (was RE: Struts, Spring, Tapestry, oh my!)

Michael Halcrow mike at halcrow.us
Thu Aug 11 13:49:15 MDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 01:11:50PM -0600, Erich Pletsch wrote:
> There is absolutely no vendor lock-in with Java.

I learned Java as my very first OO language back in '96, so it holds a
special place in my heart as my first OO love. It has since been
replaced by a younger, more sexy O'Caml. My primary complaint about
Java is the fact that it seems as if every vendor that ships a Java
application also includes a particular JVM that is the only one that
can actually run that application. Given that fact, something like GCJ
makes a lot of sense.

Mike
                         Michael A. Halcrow

"God constitutes a greater problem than he solves."
 - Richard Dawkins