Struts, Spring, Tapestry, oh my!

Dennis devel at muhlesteins.com
Thu Aug 11 12:34:47 MDT 2005

Bryan Sant wrote:

>with it.  I would say that Struts/JSF+Axis+Spring+Hibernate is the
>most simple yet capable approach to enterprise software available.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.  As I was mentioning
earlier, I can do pretty much everything those libraries do with a few
simple tag libraries I created.  I save literally thousands of lines of
xml and lots of hours of working with the xml (whether using an IDE,
xdoclet, or doing it by hand).

So back to the original topic.  I don't have a problem with any of the
libraries mentioned.  Check them out, learn them.  If they are what you
need to do your job/assignment, by all means, use them.  I was just
pointing out that I have moved away from them and that possibly things
can be done "Simpler" without them.

:)
Dennis