"Enterprise-class" (was RE: Struts, Spring, Tapestry, oh my!)

Josh Coates jcoates at archive.org
Thu Aug 11 12:14:02 MDT 2005

>What is the exact definition of "Enterprise-class"?

it means:

"costs lots more than it should"
"has lots of check boxes on the feature list"
"may require a consultant to implement it"
"is sold by a sales rep that gets commission"
"insecure IT decision makers will feel better about their purchase"
etc...

enterprise class doesn't mean anything.  there is no standard definition -
it's a made up marketing term.

it means whatever you want it to.  but maybe you already knew that and were
just asking for peoples own personal definitions.  bah.

Josh Coates
www.jcoates.org