Web Languages

Eric Jensen eric at emstraffic.com
Thu Aug 11 10:19:47 MDT 2005

There has been a lot of talk about different languages for web apps.  I
decided to make a fun project for myself and re-create my personal blog
manager in several different languages to try and get a great feel for
what is out there.  Right now my only experience in the last 6 years is
with PHP and Perl.  So far I have been strictly a web programmer and am
very happy with that.  Here is the list I have managed to gather from
recent plug threads, but correct me if I'm wrong on any of them and
please recommend more:

Ruby on Rails
Perl Catalyst
JSF
Lisp
Python Spyce
SASH
D (not sure this really is for web apps, but I've heard intersting
things about the language in general)