Java salary

Dave Smith DavidSmith at byu.net
Thu Aug 11 09:45:14 MDT 2005

Sasha wrote:
> I personally would expect no more than $45K here for the average guy who
> only knows Java. Especially in 2002, the job market was down.

In 2003, BYU CS graduates earned an average of $48K upon graduating. I
wish I knew the median, standard deviation, and geographies, but I don't.
Probably at least half of the grades took jobs outside of Utah. I think
your $45K figure is too low. I would put the average Java developer with
3-5 years experience at $60-70K, and $80K would be in the stratosphere.

--Dave