Struts, Spring, Tapestry, oh my!

Dennis devel at muhlesteins.com
Thu Aug 11 08:54:42 MDT 2005

Jonathan Ellis wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:58:00 -0600, "Erich Pletsch" <erich at uvnet.net>
>said:
>

>>If you prefer simple, but have a bunch of Java developers at your
>>disposal, consider JSF.
>>

>Man.  Twice in one day, I'm marveling at how huge the gap betwen
>"Jonathan simple" and "J2EE simple" appears to be.  It's like I'm living
>in some kind of parallel universe.
>
>Here's one example just for fun.
>http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/JSFDevelop5.html#wp1003532

That's exactly the type of simplicity (complexity) I was mentioning
before.  Web languages have developed to a point where you can do things
real quick and REALLY simple ( not J2EE simple.)

You can do it with Java too.  I think J2EE developers just need to
realize the difference between real simple and J2EE simple.

-Dennis