Struts, Spring, Tapestry, oh my!

Jonathan Ellis jonathan at
Wed Aug 10 20:04:09 MDT 2005

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 19:53:55 -0600, "Michael Torrie"
<torriem at> said:
> On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 13:58 -0400, JStay at wrote:
> > Are you looking for just JSP/Servlets or other languages as well? I've
> > only used Struts and enjoyed that.  If you don't mind other languages,
> > before anyone mentions Ruby on Rails, I highly recommend Perl's Catalyst
> > framework.  See the PLUG archives for the links I posted.
> So I took a look for Catalyst and found their home page.  Ironically the
> catalyst home page is being served up by a python-driven CMS.

You mean Trac?  I'd hardly call that a CMS, but you're right about the
irony. :)

OTOH you can't really fault them for being pragmatic...  I've even been
known to use perl -e for quick one-liners on occasion.  Trac is hands
down the best defect tracker around if you're using subversion; once you
have auto-hyperlinking of defects and patches it's hard to go back.