Java salary

Sasha Pachev sasha at
Wed Aug 10 18:09:58 MDT 2005

 > According to the JavaPro 2002 salary survey the average Java developer
 > makes 84K.  The average Java developer polled in Utah makes $82K.  I
 > don't have stats for the other languages.  Maybe everone else on the
 > list is making 100K and I'm an idiot.

The number does not sound right to me. How many Java developers did they find in
Utah? Did they have some kind of a filter on the years of experience, or a
special set of other skills?

I personally would expect no more than $45K here for the average guy who only
knows Java. Especially in 2002, the job market was down.

Sasha Pachev
AskSasha Linux Consulting