Java salary

Sasha Pachev sasha at asksasha.com
Wed Aug 10 18:09:58 MDT 2005

 > According to the JavaPro 2002 salary survey the average Java developer
 > makes 84K.  The average Java developer polled in Utah makes $82K.  I
 > don't have stats for the other languages.  Maybe everone else on the
 > list is making 100K and I'm an idiot.

Brian:

The number does not sound right to me. How many Java developers did they find in
Utah? Did they have some kind of a filter on the years of experience, or a
special set of other skills?

I personally would expect no more than $45K here for the average guy who only
knows Java. Especially in 2002, the job market was down.

--
Sasha Pachev
AskSasha Linux Consulting